Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Google Voice Local Search

** Google Voice Local Search **

http://labs.google.com/goog411/

Ok, I'll admit to some skepticism when I saw that Googlewould help me find the number for the local barbershop justby talking into my phone. But Google actually surprised me when I dialed 1-800-GOOG-411.

The phone asked me to say the city and state I wanted tosearch, and then asked me if I wanted to search by businessname or business category. Once I found the business I wanted, Google went ahead anddialed the number for me. I found the service no worse than the automated search fromthe phone company, and Google offers this service FREE. Well worth a call if you find yourself paying some hefty 411fees to the phone company or your wireless provider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home